Information and Resources related to the Crystal Programming Language
Crystal is a programming language with the following goals:
- Have a syntax like Ruby (but compatibility with Ruby is not a goal)
- Statically type-checked but without having to specify the type of variables or method arguments
- Be able to call C code by writing bindings to it in Crystal
- Have compile-time evaluation and generation of code, to avoid boilerplate code
- Compile to efficient native code
Security: we can distribute a single static binary in a docker container, there is little chance of exploit.
Developer happiness: all the benefits of Go Lang with the elegance of Ruby.