Configure Endpoint Auto Login
Allow automatic or unatteded authentication for PlaceOS Frontend Applications
PlaceOS requires all interactions to be authenticated and associated with a specific identity. This includes fixed devices such as visitor sign-in kiosks or public information displays. Endpoint auto-login can provide persistent sessions for this style of shared device.
When PlaceOS uses an external Identity Provider with unattended device login, it should use a standard SSO flow. Auto-login provides an option for devices or environments which may not support this.
- 1.Confirm the final UAT and PROD URLs of the web apps
- 2.Ensure that the DNS entries for these URLs are active and forwarding to the server(s)
- 3.Ensure that the SSL certificates for the above domains are signed and recognized as secure
- 1.Login as an admin to Backoffice
- 2.On the Users click Add new
- 3.Enter the required information, including a descriptive username (e.g.
- 4.Enter an email address (this does not need to be an active address)
- 5.No password required
New User Entry
Most PlaceOS applications can be passed a the API Key as a query parameter, so a destination URL such as:
The application will use the API key for authentication and will display a bootstrap page for system selection, unless provided additional params that specify a system.