Deploy a Frontend Interface
How to deploy a frontend interface and add to PlaceOS
To work with PlaceOS frontend repositories must have build artifacts committed to a standalone repository or branch.
- 1.Commit made with changes to
libsor an application(
- 2.Pipeline in GitHub Actions starts
- 3.Install dependencies and build application(s)
- 4.Commit build artifacts to associated branch. For example, a development build of
workplacewill be committed to
Once a build has been created it can be added to Backoffice so that
frontendsservice can pull down the interface.
- 1.Navigate to the repositories page
Navigate to the repositories page
2. Add a new repository
Add a new repository
- Name should describe the UI
- Folder name will be the path of the UI on the domain e.g.
workplacewould map to
- Repository is the URL of your git repository with the UI builds
- Repository type must be
Interfacefor the deployment of a UI
- Branch is the build branch of the User Interface
Set repository to interface
- 1.You will need to register the new application on your domain.
- Navigate to Domains
- Select your application domain + Navigate to the applications tab + Press new Application
- The login URL should be set to the location of your
After that you should be able to access your application at the URL
Once the application is setup in Backoffice it should automatically pull any changes to the set branch every hour. If you to make a manual update there is a pull button in the about section of the repositories page.
Note that if you've set the commit on the repository not to be
HEADthe automated pull feature will be turned off and the pull button will do nothing.